Piggy-Back System - SMT8-T - Improves Existing ECU Tunability
Fuel consumption in today's world with the fuel prices going higher and higher, is on everyone's lips. We believe the days of cheap fuel are over. We could all get smaller economical cars, ride bicycles to work or even just work from home to reduce the fuel expense, but somewhere along the line we will have to drive our cars and then we will be driving in such a way as to save fuel. For more information read the Fuel Consumption Article. However, what if your car's engine is just not efficient and regardless on your driving style, there is no way of improving your fuel consumption.
Well, there is hope. A Perfect Power SMT8-T piggy-back chip can tune your engines usage to use the most economical amount of fuel, resulting in saving fuel, saving the environment and in the long run saving you money.
The SMT8-T is a very user friendly chip that comes with a remote display. The remote display will show in real time the fuel being used, allowing you to adjust your driving style to again reduce your fuel consumption even more. With your engine in a perfect tuned state and with improved driving style, you are going to be saving the maximum amount of fuel money per month.
Introducing the latest piggy-back product from Perfect Power - the SMT8-T universal piggy-back tuning chip. The SMT8-T has been designed to tune almost ANY electronically fuel injected engine.
Signals are modified on maps found within the SMT8-T unit itself and the Windows intuitive LetRipp II Tuning Software. Installation and tuning is simple and once installed the engine can be re-tuned by anyone with a laptop or PC, communication cable and the LetRipp II Tuning Software with ease.
An average installation consists of connecting 6 wires to the vehicle's ECU wiring loom, changing the settings of the SMT8-T in the setup section of the LetRipp II Tuning Software and voila - you are ready to re-tune the vehicle. An experienced installer can install a SMT8-T unit within 30 minutes. Packed with similar features to the SMT6, it is affordable and compact too!
The digital display output allows for multiple parameters from the SMT8-T to be displayed in real time inside the cockpit without the need of a computer or laptop. The live data read out of your Lambda (AFR) will aid you to improve your driving style resulting in better fuel consumption. There are over 16 values that can be selected in the LetRipp II tuning software for the display, making it totally customizable.
The analogue map is a large 384 load cell map for precise tuning. The analogue tune map is referenced by Throttle/RPM, Engine Temperature and AMP, for the purpose of altering fuel at specific engine conditions . An ignition map is a 384 load cell map and is used to tune crank, advance and retard and the ignition signal in 0.5 deg steps for the optimal accuracy.
The SMT8-T can drive one extra injector (4-13 ohm) for supplementing fuel at high boost. The extra injector can be controlled via Throttle/RPM, AMP and Engine Temp maps. This allows for precise fuel delivery at boost conditions - a feature which is very popular with turbo and supercharger installations.
The external display output is also new for the SMT8-T series. It allows our digital display to receive data from the SMT8-T and selectively display the desired value without the presence of a PC. The displays are small with bright attractive LED colour options. Multiple values can be displayed on a single display by simply toggling between them.
The Dyno setup screen allows for dyno type data to be displayed in real time to the external display. With a few simple settings and triggers, the SMT8-T can show you similar data as per your quarter mile time, distance and speed from intersection to intersection or while overtaking till a trigger is reached. It is very simple to setup and a very awesome feature to show off to your friends.
Protection is a great feature for the SMT8-T. It protects your engine should something fail. The protection is optional and can be turned off. Most sensor inputs can be configured such that should they fall outside of their normal operating state then change the fuel or ignition to a state which will protect the engine. This feature looks after your engine so that you are still able to drive home.
The SMT8-T Kit Includes:
- 1 x SMT8-T Tiny Control Unit
- 1 x SMT8-T Harness
- 1 x Package Box (Small)
SMT8-T Features :
- Injection Map with 384 Sites - Fine Tuning The Extra Injector or Boost
- Ignition Map with 384 Sites - Fine Ignition Tuning
- Analogue Map with 384 Sites - Smooth Tuning of Fuel
- Boost Management Maps - 72 Sites in 2D to Control Accurate Boost Pressure
- PWM/FREQ Map with 384 Sites - For Freq Based Air Flow Meter
- Balanced Inputs - Inverted Outputs
- 3 Amp Injector Drive - Handles 4 to 16 Ohm Injectors
- 0-5 Volt Input Range - Allows Tuning for Most Models
- Small Size - Smaller than the SMT6 / Fits Anywhere
- RPM Calibration - To Suit Your Installation
- High RPM Range - Ideal for Racing
- Ignition Tuning with Compensation - Safely Tuning Your Engine with Protection
- Encapsulated - For Moisture and Dust Protection
- Very Low Power Consumption - Has Less Interference To the Host ECU
- Power Supply Voltage 8-36V - Bad Voltage Spikes or Dips Will Not Affect Operations
- All Inputs Protected - No Mishaps While Installing
- Various Ignition Outputs - For The Most Stringent Applications
- Dyno Setup Screen - Road Dyno Setup for Displaying Real Values
- Auto Programmable Cylinders - It Works On Any Amount of Cylinders
- Ignition Output Limit - Limits Max. Advance and Retard
- Can Handle Interlaced Signal - For 4 Cylinders Ignition Output Tuning
- Easy Tuning Software - Managed by LetRipp II Software Intuitive Interface
- Missing Tooth Signal - For Up to 2 Teeth Advance/Retard
- 20 MIPS Computing - To Facilitate Quick Engine Response
- Signal Conditioning - To Prevent Miss Trigger
- Start Seconds - Delay Ignition Control From Cranking
- Analogue Limits - Clamp Analogue Signal Going To The ECU
- Protection - Under Extreme Conditions, Save The Engine
- Firmware Re-Flash - Update The Firmware Code via USB Port
- High Speed USB 2 - Fast USB Communication For High Data Transfer
- Load Default - A Pre-Programmed Set of Default Maps
- Lambda Modification - Modification of Lambda Sensor Readings
- AMP Calibration - To Suit Your Installation
- Engine Temperature Calibration - To Suit Your Stock Engine Sensor
- TPS Calibration - Load or Deflection Calibration To Suit Your Installation
- Real Time Error Detection - Real Time Indication of Errors When in LetRipp II Software
- Data Display - Real Time Assignable Indication of Input/Output Values
- Data Logging - Real Time Data Logging of All Data On PC
- Logging Playback - Playback into Software, Emulating Connected SMT8-T
- Profiles - Store Convenient Software Screen Layouts
- All Main Maps Have Two Side Maps - Engine Temperature and AMP Provide a Realistic Tuning Dimension
- AMP Extrapolation - Switchable For Even Smoother Pressure Transitions
- Inverse TPS - For Those 1.8T Audi and VW, i.e. GTI Applications
- Test Simulation - On-Board Test Simulation For Offline Engine Conditions
- Brand: Perfect Power
- Product Code: SMT8T-KIT
- Availability: 11
- 16 or more $150.92
- 51 or more $134.15